Electrical Project Manager
Posted 2 months ago
Our respected clients depend on us to deliver projects of various sizes and complexity across some of the most well-known & prestigious locations in the country. 79’s comprehensive services include mechanical, electrical, & public health supply and installation, primarily in retail, industrial, commercial, banking, hospitality, logistics and distribution. With continued sustainable growth, we are currently recruiting for an Electrical Project Manager to be based either in our Head Office in Gloucestershire or a regional office in Huddersfield.
The key role of the Electrical Project Manager is a challenging & rewarding opportunity offering great variety. No two days will be the same, and if you enjoy working in a passionate team this role could be for you.
The position presents exciting future career development potential as the company evolves & grows. We are seeking someone who is committed, driven and enjoys working within a team to support the company’s growth & success.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the Electrical PM will be responsible for design and cost management at preconstruction stage, through to effective delivery via our existing and growing supply chain.
The overall responsibility of the role is to ensure successful execution and completion of several projects, meeting defined timescales, quality standards and commercial objectives. Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate experience and competency within project management and be able to offer real life examples of projects delivered in the past, candidates with additional experience relating to M&E project management would hold an advantage.
Position: Mechanical Project Manager
• Full-time with competitive salary
• Car allowance
• Performance related bonus
• Reasonable expenses
• Competitive Pension Scheme
• 25 Days Holiday Per annum + Statutory leave
Typical Daily Duties:
• Sub-contractor engagement
• Production of electrical Design
• Production of electrical cost schedules
• Management of engineers and subcontractors
• Management and maintenance of Quality, Health and Safety on site
• Management of procurement and product selection
• Creation and maintenance of programme and progress reports
• Commercial responsibility of projects with sub-contract and in-house labour
• Risk management and reporting
• Must be proactive, committed, and hardworking.
• Have a positive attitude to work and contribute enthusiastically to a team-based environment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Show understanding and have the ability to apply themselves working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Show flexibility and initiative within the role.
• High attention to detail
Back to Careers
• Experience with design and installation on commercial/retail/industrial electrical projects
• Electrically qualified to 18th edition or similar
• SSSTS / SMSTS preferable - training provided
• Use of Microsoft platforms
Discover how we can enlighten your environment.
We believe in the transformative power of brilliant environments, the increasing importance of sustainability and the critical role they both play in improving performance. Find out how we can transform your environment today.